A Road Less Traveled - Presented by Michael Dominquez
Time & Location
About the Event
The experience of 2020 has absolutely been unexpected, uncertain, and devastating in many ways. We now face a world, country, economy, and industry traveling a road much less traveled as we begin to restart our global commerce engine and hospitality industry.
The short-term post COVID19 environment will require our ability to work together, pivot often and learn as a community. This session will examine the anticipated experience and industry protocols that will be in place for the remainder of 2020.
- Update on the current situation regarding the Global state of COVID19
- Industry implementations of standards and protocols as our economy reopens
- Meeting environment expected changes for the fall of 2020
- Current state of the economy and expectations for 2020 and 2021
- A review of travel experience changes and expectations
About Michael Dominguez:
Michael Dominguez serves as the President & CEO for Associated Luxury Hotels International (ALHI). ALHI is a Global Sales Organization with a team of nearly 80 professionals located among 26 offices across North America and Europe, ALHI’s serves a membership group of hotels that are Independent Hotels & Independent Brands that are an exclusive luxury collection. Prior to joining ALHI, Michael served in executive sales leadership roles with MGM Resorts, Loews Hotels, Hyatt Hotels, Starwood Hotels and many more.
Michael is actively involved in leadership roles in the Meetings and Events Industry and currently serves as a Past Chairman of the International Board of Directors for MPI.
Michael speaks in the industry often on topics of disruption, the state of the industry, the economy, behavioral lessons. Michael was recognized in M&C Magazines survey of top industry speakers and was an invited speaker at South by Southwest in 2018.
Michael’s other industry leadership involvement includes board positions with:
* US Travel Association (Executive Committee)
* Meetings Mean Business Coalition (Executive Committee)
* ASAE’s Board of Directors
* FICP’s Influence Committee
* APEX Standards Committee
* GBTA Foundation Board
* HSMAI Foundation Board
* Co-Chair APEX Room Piracy Taskforce
Michael was recently recognized in the industry for numerous honors including:
* Induction in the EIC’s Hall of Leaders in 2019
* HispanicBusiness.com’s “50 Most Influential Hispanics in the US”.
* Successful Meetings Top 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry 2013 -2015
* Smart Meetings 2015 Smartest Industry Leaders
* HSMAI’s 2014 Top Minds in Sales and Marketing
* Meetings Focus 2014 Trendsetter
* MeetingsNet 2014 Changemakers